2018 Deep Cut Orchid Society show -Holmdel, NJ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went today, no practice due to weather and healing issues. Picked up 3 tiny Pleuros from Ecuagenera, a Paph Hiroki Tanaka and a Bulbo lasiochilum from Marlowe Orchids, a Dendrobium Twinkle, and a Phal Surf Song Ox Gold Orange from Stony Brook Orchids, that I have been wanting for years.1c25ad7caadef60499cb6c6458841f3d.jpgcf4c662ad3d128dcb828596b690d5d6f.jpg57dae7d3cc8d09d8de5396be48e46249.jpg86795a63b4472803d5c1724c8aba7e8b.jpgf555ff23105ce8a5d655c584f06470cd.jpg1e132270f122c1880f7265705cd1fd72.jpg960d113a061c6f1c4382783c69f3e866.jpgbc12f9dd753b83a3b1db8b1946221b22.jpgcb0df4e673e9e78505a6e77f1bb105a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went today, no practice due to weather and healing issues. Picked up 3 tiny Pleuros from Ecuagenera, a Paph Hiroki Tanaka and a Bulbo lasiochilum from Marlowe Orchids, a Dendrobium Twinkle, and a Phal Surf Song Ox Gold Orange from Stony Brook Orchids, that I have been wanting for years.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Got to remind myself never ever to buy another orchid from Stony Brook Orchids.
On Saturday, I was standing sideways facing Ecuagenera's phrag box (take only half of the space of the gap between Ecuagenera & Stony Brook, I did not stand at the front because I didn't want to reach over and break any Ecuagenera 's plants), when the Stony Brook owner use his forearm to both push & shove me aside , when I looked back he sported a cold and nasty look, then he turned to a woman , smiling and continuing the conversation with her, handing her the plant as if nothing happens.
I was so shocked I did not even realize what just occurred, until I reconstructed his movement .
He could have said "excuse me" , "I am sorry", "do you mind", or "be careful" if he was thinking I may back up against his plant (which I did not), I was too polite to even say anything to him but , I am thinking to myself , if he did that to me , he will be bound to do it again to someone else , and one day he will wonder why his orchid stand does not have a crowd of fans .
Now , I feel stupid that I bought plants from him at the past shows .

Last edited:
That sucks, thanks for the heads up. You should send him an email of this post.
if he used any of the phrases I mentioned while put his arm out to make sure I don't move back suddenly , it would be ok (even if he pushed me slightly, it would be still ok with me)
But not saying anything is not nice .

by the way did you see that awarded phrag "elizabeth something" in one of the exhibition, really large & round , chubby pouch saturated red color .
It is in one of your photos, the photo right after J&L exhibition , the plant was at the lowest spot, bottom edge of the photo.
nobody saw it because it was positioned on the floor & wasn't staked

Elizabeth Castle - Mem. Dick Clements x Hanne Popow?

I am not quite sure, is it Elizabeth Castle or Windsor Castle ?
I am surprise how big the flower is compare to the plant

Windsor Castle is Elizabeth Castle x besseae, I have all 3. It was probably an EC. I was too rushed to concentrate on a lot except the show winner.

Back