2012 barbigerums!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some overdue pics of my barbigerums this year!! :drool: I just love these - fantastic species, and these are very nice clones! Been open for quite awhile now, so figured I'd better take pics while they're still looking fresh!
I hate to choose favorites, but it's working so hard for it - so here is my favorite first 'Fall Festival' And I know, I know, how could I possibly say an unkind word about it, but it initially had 12 buds, but blasted the last 2 to form...I was going to bring it in for consideration for a cultural award before it did that, but decided to pray and keep being nice to it and see what it does in the future!

I would recommend bringing it in for judging anyway. It is an impressive plant as is!

Phenomenal. You are certainly a brilliant barbigerum grower. I would love to know some details about your culture and I'm sure everyone else would too.

Wah! :sob: Another species I wasn't interested in before! Great job, you should work for a barbigerum vendor because I just have to get some!!! :)

Thanks everyone!!! I do enjoy these little guys, and like sharing pics or in person views with other orchid and especially slipper growers :)
Ross, I thought about taking it anyway, b/c it's small enough to travel easy and judging or not, I know everyone at the center would enjoy seeing it! The travel just worked out to be really inconvenient this month, so not this time - but it went in to the local society meeting two months in a row :)
I'm not sure if I have any huge cultural secrets for these, but I know I've talked a bit about my conditions before - try searching my user name and barbigerums, or henryanums, which I also have in the same mix/same shelf & distance from the lights :) As to the specific ? about ferts, yes, I have been using K lite for awhile now, and used the home made modifications for a little bit before that (and also switched to rain water around that time from distilled), and pure water MSU before that.

Latest posts

Back