2011 Show Schedule

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

We will be exhibiting and selling at the following orchid shows in 2011.

March 19-2011 - Greater Cincinnati Orchid Society Show, Cincinnati, OH
(Krohn Conservatory)

March 26-27, 2011 - Illinois Orchid Society Show (Chicago Botanical
Gardens, Glencoe, IL)

April 16-17, 2011 - Michigan Orchid Society Palm Sunday Show (Madison
Place Banquet and Conference Center, Madison
Heights, MI)

For St'rs and orchid society members living in or around these venues, it's a great opportunity to order plants for delivery at the show without having to pay shipping.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Tom, you'll probably like the Cinci show. It's a very nice venue. Sales area is tight though sometimes, so don't expect elbow room.

Last time I judged there, the judges got a sales table voucher instead of a hunk of cheese (a la Milwaukee & Green Bay), box of candy (Batavia), jelly beans and cheesy popcorn (Rockford), snow storm survival kit of trail mix and various other snacks (Illinois OS), or bottle of wine (Madison), so judges have extra incentive to buy plants from you instead of getting fat or drunk. ;)

I remember getting a couple small bulbs of Bletilla striata from Oak Knob which have since taken over my dad's front flower bed in Lexington. Gotta reclaim some of them for down here!

Members cater lunch too, very similar offerings to Milwaukee. Yum!

Yep, in Cincy the judges get a nice little gift certificate to use for the sales tables. Helps out every one involved.

Tom, I'll be sending you a preorder list of things to bring to the Cincy show.

Thanks all for the info.

Ernie - we missed you in Madison. We had our trademark "Top 10" basket display and rec'd a couple of Best in Class trophys (chocolates.....:evil:)plus a few blue ribbons, but no AOS awards. Had a IMHO awardable Paph. (Orchilla x Mem. Fumi Saeki) that was really dark red-purple, but they didn't like the fact the staminode was off-set. :confused: On the plus side, we didn't have to pay the $36 AOS award fee......(see photo)

Darin - Thanks for the heads-up. You (and all others interested in ordering Fox Valley plants for delivery at a show venue) can email your orders to me at:
[email protected]

Please don't include any credit card info as this is not a secure address.

Shiva - The closest we get to Canada in 2011 will be the MOS Palm Sunday show in Madison Heights, MI on April 16-17. I think this is only a half hour or so from Windsor. I really wish we could come to Canada to exhibit and sell, but the CITES requirements are so time consuming for a nursery our size that it isn't worth the mountain of paperwork. Maybe someday the world will come to it's senses............

Bolero - As much as I'd love to do Singapore this year, the fact that w couldn't offset the large expense with plants sales makes it unaffordable.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Yeah, that Orchilla cross really sucks. :) I missed Madison too. Maybe my favorite show in our, err your, region.

Hi Dot,

I'm not too discouraged; my philosophy is that if a plant is truly competitive, it will eventually come before a group of judges that will recognize it and award it. Sometimes it takes years, but it will happen.:)

Hi Dot,

I'm not too discouraged; my philosophy is that if a plant is truly competitive, it will eventually come before a group of judges that will recognize it and award it. Sometimes it takes years, but it will happen.:)

Right! There's always next time! :)

Hi Tom,
Just want to let you know that I'll look for you at the MOS show this year! :rollhappy:

Any suggestions for small, red to pink phrags that a beginner can handle? :smitten:

Latest posts

Back