2 bloomers..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Not much blooming at the moment..
Psychopsis Mendenhall - bought 2 of these recently (in spike). The price has reduced drastically. Used to be double the amount I paid for this one.. I guess the Taiwanese are mass-producing these lovely butterflies.. :)
IMG_4229.jpg

Dendrobium anosmum 'skinny' - a variety that does not lose leaves when it flowers:
Dendanosmumskinny.jpg

And got some new paphs from a trade too..
Paph hookerae:
Newhookerae1.jpg

Paph lowii 'Sarawak':
NewlowiiSarawak.jpg

And some new paph stonei:
Newstonei1.jpg

Newstonei4.jpg

:)

:clap: Mendenhall is terrific! I bought mine in double spike 2 years ago, this summer it's throwing a 3rd!
How many stonei do you have there? :eek: :drool:
And yet another variety of lowii?

:clap: Mendenhall is terrific! I bought mine in double spike 2 years ago, this summer it's throwing a 3rd!

sorry for hijacking.. but do you manage to get them producing spikes? LOL

I have 3 different Psychopsis... papilio alba (bought in spike and continues blooming non stop but only the same and only spike), Mendenhall (bought in spike, the cat broke it at the basis 3 years ago, and since then I have 6 new leave and no spikes), and Kalihi ("rescue plant", doing very good now: 5 new leave, but no spike)... I have placed them in dark, in strong light, cold winter warm winter, and nothing..

Thanks everyone.. :)

Rose, I traded off some Thai dend species for the paphs. Got 1 lowii, 3 hookerae (2 smaller, uglier plants not shown) and 3 pots of stonei (technically 6 separate plants of stonei).. :D Some have 2/3 growths, some just single growth.. I got the lowii cos its the Sarawak form, which supposedly has broader leaves and better coloured flowers.. Hope it blooms well in the lowlands.

sorry for hijacking.. but do you manage to get them producing spikes? LOL

I have 3 different Psychopsis... papilio alba (bought in spike and continues blooming non stop but only the same and only spike), Mendenhall (bought in spike, the cat broke it at the basis 3 years ago, and since then I have 6 new leave and no spikes), and Kalihi ("rescue plant", doing very good now: 5 new leave, but no spike)... I have placed them in dark, in strong light, cold winter warm winter, and nothing..
I have mine in moderately bright light, winter temps - min. day 70, night low 55, summer - whatever mother nature gives me! I have several papilio albas, one prefers a shady area compared to the other 2. I fertilize regularly rotating, MSU, epsom salts, Jack's & had OL's Jungle Green.

I have mine in moderately bright light, winter temps - min. day 70, night low 55, summer - whatever mother nature gives me! I have several papilio albas, one prefers a shady area compared to the other 2. I fertilize regularly rotating, MSU, epsom salts, Jack's & had OL's Jungle Green.

hhmm.. I think I will start singing lullabies every night (maybe this help :D)

You got some great stuff going Paphioboy.:clap::clap:

Looks like you'll be up to your eyeballs in stonei before long.:wink:

Have you seen the hookerae in bloom? The foliage looks greener to me than what I'm used to seeing for this species.

Great!!! the dendro inflorescence looks like caterpillars...lol I love the bulbo!!!!

Back