16 years of breeding at Orchids Limited

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

After 16 very enjoyable years of working at Orchids Limited, I decided to go a different path in my life and have left Orchids Limited since October of this year, so unfortunately will not be posting any more of my new orchid hybrids on Slippertalk. It has been a joy and a pleasure that I have been part of the orchid community for these 16 years, and will always look fondly back on them. Below is a collage of some of my favorite hybrids that I have created in those years (and don't worry, I will still be a member here at Slippertalk).

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and all the best wishes for 2016!

Robert-Jan Quene

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, Robert! That has to be a huge loss to the Fischers! But good luck at whatever your next step is. I know you will be a success.

Will you still be growing orchids?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Yes, I still have a bunch of orchids growing on my window sill, and a collection of Cypripediums growing in my gardens! At least after 16 years working at Orchids Limited, I now know how to grow them :)

Robert

I trust your next pursuit will be equally successful. Thanks for the beautiful collage of some of your excellent hybrids.

Will all miss you. Your knowledge, talent and good advice have been an asset to the whole orchid community.

Yes, I still have a bunch of orchids growing on my window sill, and a collection of Cypripediums growing in my gardens! At least after 16 years working at Orchids Limited, I now know how to grow them :)

Robert

I always love to see the photos of your posts . The composite photo above is exquisite , however I think you are not using your talent to the max yet , the proof is this photo :rollhappy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-Top-R...a6aba7&pid=100041&rk=8&rkt=36&sd=321954763526

Thanks for all the great culture advice!!!! windowsill collection.....Small mounted epidendrums, bulbophyllums, some paphs, phrags, cyonches, restrepias, masdevillas...... lol..

Enjoy your new life! I wish both of you the best!
Thank yo so much for your legacy in the Phrag world, I am sure you will not resist the temptation of making some new crosses...

From a purely selfish point of view, I am sorry to learn that you've left OL. Your crosses have been exciting to see for many years and I will miss that! However, nothing stays the same and 16 years is a long time. I can understand that it feels like you need a change. I wish you all the best in your new path. Good luck and thanks for creating and posting all the great crosses over the years!

Latest posts

Back