tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice flower....pretty good for a first bloom. Plus, the plant looks vigorous and very healthy. Congrats!

I have a very nice clone; but, it grows so-oooooo slowly. Plus, it's never been big on growing much in the way of roots. I've removed the flower bud the last twice it wanted to bloom, just to be certain that the plant pays more attention to growing foliage and roots instead of flowers. Still....it's taking a long time to add bulk. I think I'm going to repot it into a basket soon. I'm beginning to be a convert to basket culture. I think the extra fresh air and required, more-frequent waterings is what they like.

Wow! This is so hot! Mine always grows a leaf and lose one... Congrats!!

Awesome. I have about two dozen seedlings ticking over quite nicely so touch wood the odds are I will get one to flowering size. Also using Birks mix seems to work well for me too.

Just wonderful Mike. Beautiful looking plant as well. Flowering one of these in Australia is like flowering a sanderianum. You never see this species for sale.

Where did you get it? How long have you been growing this plant.

Super, Mike!!! Really something:D These guys are too rarely seen, due to difficulties in cultivation and propagation. And I have been told that their habitat is submerged by now.:sob:
I have several of its kind, but only flowered it once. But then the flower lasted several months:D
Very nice Mike, guard that plant, they quickly gets decimated by erwinia and its like.:fight:
Btw. Lance Birk is not Burk, but I assume its Birks mix you use? I use it as well;)

Just wonderful Mike. Beautiful looking plant as well. Flowering one of these in Australia is like flowering a sanderianum. You never see this species for sale.

Where did you get it? How long have you been growing this plant.

I'm sure it will be around soon enough. I got this from a friend. About 20 years ago a group from our club imported some villosum from Burma. Mixed up with them were on or two tigrinums.

Latest posts

Back