Paph. parishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning flowers with exotic color and shape. I also love the wide dorsal and the presentation of flowers. I think you also love the queen of paph very much and own lots of good clones, right? :)

Stunning flowers with exotic color and shape. I also love the wide dorsal and the presentation of flowers. I think you also love the queen of paph very much and own lots of good clones, right? :)

If you are referring to Paph sanderianum then yes I do like it and no I don't have a lot. Just one! Too pricey! LoL :)

I hope mine begin to spike soon! I have three that have made it through their first year with me doldrums. I must go peek into their dear selves!
Your plant is stunning! Where is it from?

If you are referring to Paph sanderianum then yes I do like it and no I don't have a lot. Just one! Too pricey! LoL :)

It seems sanderianum is pricey world round. Don't know the reasons but I have heard of most of the plants owned by growers are wild collected or divisions from those wild collected and few from seedlings. Is it one of the hardest clones among multiflorals?

It seems sanderianum is pricey world round. Don't know the reasons but I have heard of most of the plants owned by growers are wild collected or divisions from those wild collected and few from seedlings. Is it one of the hardest clones among multiflorals?

Prices in the US have come down a little but it is still expensive. Most in the US are also seed raised. I find sanderianum to be rather easy to grow.

Prices in the US have come down a little but it is still expensive. Most in the US are also seed raised. I find sanderianum to be rather easy to grow.

Thank you for your comments. I have exchanged view with Taiwai growers some times ago that some large proportion of sanderianum clones there are originally wild-collected, but has already adapted the local environment by growing some years. They said that sanderianum is hardy clone because of slow growing and very high environment requirements so as the price did not ran down so much in the past decade. I have also been told a sanderianum may requires almost 10 years to reach blooming size from seedlings.

Actually, I do love sanderianum's long twist petals (I have seen a clone with over 1 meter's twist petal that makes me mad!!!) but due to my limitations of my growing area and its price, I dare not to try.

wish i had been able to grow my parishii better, but it languished for years so i eventually threw it out. will have to try again maybe with a strong seedling.

Back