Abaxs helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Angela, I guess there you have it! Not one negative comment. While I was at work today, I was wondering what the consensus would be. I too think it is great!! Congratulations.

I like it too! It's got great pouch colour. It's got nicely held petals and a beautiful halo around the dorsal, which is a nice shape too! The white of the halo will probably intensify as it ages...creating a nice contrast. Also, the green in the dorsal will likely turn more yellow, making it even more colourful in the days and weeks to come. Good buy, Angela!

Last edited:
:drool::drool::drool: Is this the most recent ebay purchase? The one some think is a hybrid?

Without a doubt pure straight helenae and a really good one at that. You are so lucky that Mijo used the wrong photo...I'm sure I wasn't the only one who decided not to bid because of it.

Rose, the photo on ebay didn't look like this at all. I took a chance and it
worked out this time. I sent mijo this photo so if he has any more to sell
from the same batch, he can update the photo.

I'm going to enjoy it for a few days and then cut the spike. It's a very small plant and needs to do a bit more growing. I only get credit for not
blasting the low bud. mijo730 gets most of the credit. I'm thrilled with
this cutie.

Thank you so much Gary and all of you for your very nice comments.

Just running all over yourself with praise, eh NYEric??!! Slipperking you didn't even complain
about the stick and tag...now I know it's a nice helenae.

Slipperking you didn't even complain
about the stick and tag...now I know it's a nice helenae.

Oh please Angelia, don't look at it as a complaint but as contructive criticism in which to build your photo library on!:D

a nice helenae.
SlipperKing makes a good point - a little bit of extra care in 'preparing' for the photo turns a nice picture into a lovely portrait.

Ahh, but to miss the moment for the sake of converting a memory into a portrait? The picture of a beautiful child is a cherished memory, composed or not, not so? (again, I am scared to offend anyone at the moment, so I need to add, you point is well taken,... and accepted, yes)

Latest posts

Back