Stuartiana Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
4 spikes, one with 5 branches. 73 flowers/buds!
LotsofStuartiana2013_zpsd57ac516.jpg

stuartianaCU_zpsfb915e2a.jpg

stuartianaplant_zps100f4b5f.jpg

I wish I hadn't dropped it last year and cracked the some of the leaves. By cultural awards standards, this is still a baby:eek:

Nice show Rick. Something I didn't realize with this species is the bunching up of the flowers on the spikes.

Nice show Rick. Something I didn't realize with this species is the bunching up of the flowers on the spikes.

This could just be a clonal thing. I've seen others with more branching and more even distribution of flowers.

I bet Peter Lin is going to show us a couple of monsters soon.

Alain Brochart has a huge one on B.L. He's got 29 flowers for his second blooming and his plant is just a little bigger than yours. I'd say you are doing pretty dang good. Are you bringing to judging next week?

Alain Brochart has a huge one on B.L. He's got 29 flowers for his second blooming and his plant is just a little bigger than yours. I'd say you are doing pretty dang good. Are you bringing to judging next week?

Probably not Jack. I dropped it transporting to shows last year, so between that (and slugs) the foliage is too damaged for a cultural award. The flower count is still not up to CCE standards, and the flower quality is not up to AM standards. The plant could help add brownie points to a complete display, but I'm not going to get the time off from work to make the show next week.

Fantastic!!!!!!! :clap:

I'd love to get one some day. What are the lowest temps you have given it Rick?

Latest posts

Back