For You Pearcei Lovers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
While rooting around I noticed this pearcei holding more double blooms than usual. The leaf length has really increased a lot too. They used to run 12-13" but now the leaf length is up to 18".

PearceiWPB.jpg

Nice Rick! I counted 14 flowers. Is that right? You could come away with a CCM if you were so incline for a road trip!

Nice Rick! I counted 14 flowers. Is that right? You could come away with a CCM if you were so incline for a road trip!

I also counted 13 open, but there are a few buds about to open.

Never can tell on the CCM thing. I think it was three or so years ago I presented it with even more spikes going. The judges found a mealy bug and "that's all she wrote" that time.

I think its even better this time with almost no leaf tip burn and bigger leaves.

I'll clean it up some more between now and next months meeting and see how it looks then.

Very nice Rick! What kind of pot is it in? - it looks very shallow. What media are you growing it in?

Standard plastic pot (I think 8"). The shallow tray is a water reservoir to keep the feet wet. I try to keep about a 1/2" of water in it, but it sucks it up pretty fast in summer.

Originally this was probably a standard bark based media, but the last time I repotted (a few years ago) there wasn't much in the way of any media left. It's probably back to that situation already, and kind of supports itself through lots of old roots and live moss. The root/moss mass is a couple of inches above the top edge of the pot.

Back