• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paphiopedilum stonei var. alba 'Formosa' CHM/TPS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakone

Reaction score
I have been looking for this for quite some time and am hoping someone out there has something bigger than a "seedling" in a 5" pot.
I am really looking for something blooming size or close to..

thanks

make that 2!!! Or infact: if there's a source somewhere, I'd take 2 of them, but I'm inclined to echo my fore-speaker by wishing for an adult plant...., only: I'd be happy enough with a near enough adult in a 5" pot!

Hanoke's plant was awarded in 1999, and selfed right after that. The offsprings will be FS by now, even if slow growing.

make that 2!!! Or infact: if there's a source somewhere, I'd take 2 of them, but I'm inclined to echo my fore-speaker by wishing for an adult plant...., only: I'd be happy enough with a near enough adult in a 5" pot!

Hanoke's plant was awarded in 1999, and selfed right after that. The offsprings will be FS by now, even if slow growing.

for you :drool:To be, or not to be: that is the question.

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=...49&ty=166&page=8&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:158

So far all the supposed seedlings either died, or when they bloomed they were never stonei album. Some of the bigger ones were plain stonei (Bear select x self seedlings looked exactly identical at that time). It is a mystery if any real seedling has ever been made. There has been a few divisions sold, that's all. Four years ago I have been offered blooming size selfings again in Taiwan, by three sellers. They were big blooming size indeed, I did not buy, but either none bloomed, which would be suspicious, or they were not stonei album.

ive seen a few bloomed out at my friends nursery. most of them are a bit weaker growers and bloomers than a typical stonei and on several the form was rather poor and smaller flowers. i know he did get one good one out of them, i will check to see about availability of others. i think i remember seeing a really nice one awarded by TPS fairly recently also...

Back