Paph. adductum var. anitum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you grow this plant? What temperature for night and day? What medium do you grow it in? How much light do you give it?

Paphman910

How do you grow this plant? What temperature for night and day? What medium do you grow it in? How much light do you give it?

Paphman910

Thanks for the interest.

In the winter the day time temp. is ~ 80F and ~ 60F at night with summer temps about 5-10F higher. I grow it in 50% perlite and 50% supersphag., It is kept 36 inches from a 4-light (4 ft. per bulb) T5 lighting fixture that is on 12 hours per day. I fertilize weakly weekly (125-150 ppm of a urea-free fertilizer) and grow in a clay pot (4 inches).

:clap: :drool: :drool: :clap: LOVE that dorsal!
I'm in agreement with the others, I'd snip because of the plant being one growth, take the pollen now, the fresher the better!

Thanks for sharing the culture! My anitum spike just blasted :( Gotta wait about 2 years now for the next growth to mature.

Very nice bloom! Great color.
I also agree with the consensus of snipping the spike off. Leaving it on a single growth plant can only cause it to weaken.

Back