Paph. Dollgoldi 'Charlie'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
I bloomed this last November with one spike. That was it's first bloom. This year, it started too early and it's first flower opened right down in the leaves. We were still having HOT summer temps; so, I guess that was too much for this plant. The deformed flower was from the growth that now has the right-hand spike with 2 buds. I pulled the flower out of the leaf axis and wondered if there was going to be any more buds. I couldn't see any at that point. However, nothing happened for awhile and then, the plant began to grow a new spike from another growth as well as finally continuing with the first spike.

I Posted this plant in bloom last November 3 and photos of a second improved flower in another thread on November 15. I think this flower that it's currently carrying has wider, flatter petals and a better balanced synsepal. However, the dorsal is the same or possibly not as round and the pouch is not quite as "full". Overall though, I think this year's flower is better than the ones from last year....that is if I don't count the deformed flower it made in August! 'Hope you enjoy!

16367.jpg

16368.jpg

16369.jpg

16370.jpg

Big stunning blooms on such a compact clump! The ones I've seen in person have quite large fans.
Please post when it's in full bloom! Awww, I feel a painful yearning for this plant :smitten::smitten::smitten:

WOW John. You have to get that judged. That is probably the best Dollgoldii I have seen. Great shape. Three flowers on a spike is impressive for this hybrid. I remember from your previous post that the size is way above average as well.

David

I just bought a flask of Dollgoldi which arrived just over a week ago. I pray that one plant has flowers this good.

Perfection!

What David said!!!! And your pics are great, showing that beauty at its best!!!! Could you give the size of the open bloom? Jean

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
What size pot is that? Whenever I've seen Dolligolds for sale they've been huge!

gorgeous color and form!! glad you have a Dollgoldi that's not shy of blooming!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back