Paph Harold Koopowitz 'Venous Red' HCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
I've shown this one before but probably worth a revisit. Especially as I am much happier with these photos than those in previous posts. This is the 3rd flowering for me but I'm still blown away by the flowers on this hybrid. If you haven't got a Harold Koopowitz, I'm ordering you to contact your local orchid nursery and get one today. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

David

Paph Harold Koopowitz 'Venous Red' HCC/AOC (rothschildianum x maliopoense)

PaphHK2010.jpg

PaphHK20102flowers.jpg

PaphHK2010plant.jpg

'Blown away' is the right expression David,; they are real beauties!!!! what size are the flowers? Jean

Just went and measured it and the first flower is 21 cm across. I'm pretty amazed as it is 2 or 3 cm wider than when it was awarded last year. I'm not an orchid judge but I think this one maybe worth higher than a HCC. It was given a HCC award (78 points) when the flower was over 3 months old. The flower actually fell off a week after being judged. It had lost a lot of colour, lustre and crispness by that stage.

David

David, the look of these blooms is terrific, just terrific!!!:drool::drool::drool:
And their size is really impessive in opposite to the leaves they don't look as if the were roth sized.

Thanks everyone. One day I will hopefully have it rejudged. Problem is there are not enough judges in our region to have it judged. I would have to drive to Sydney (7 hour return) during the week to have it looked at. Not really practical for me. Last year it was judged at our spring show when there were lots of judges in town.

that is not a HCC.
And this is a very vigorous plant, since you bloomed it 3 times already

I'm quite amazed at its vigour. It has new growths shooting out everywhere. For a parvi-roth hybrid this is a great grower.

Wow.. :D Great blooming, David.. I'd get a HK if it doesn't require cooling to bloom and is a consistent bloomer.. Some of these parvi x multi crosses really look alien-like.. :p

Does it require cooling for it to bloom? My minimum temps are about 15oC - 16oC. The growths seem to flower whenever they are mature so they don't seem to be bound by seasonal influences. My plant is an extremely reliable bloomer which I expect to flower every year from now on. It has flowered successfully for the last 3 years.

David

Latest posts

Back