Zygonisia Cynosure Bluebird

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lots of flowers... Unfortunatly the foliage is horrible...

ZygonisiaCynosureBluebird_web-3.jpg

Are you sure?

OrchidWiz shows Zygonisia Cynosure 'Blue Bird' AOS/AM

Blue Bird as the clonal name, not part of the epithet...

Are you sure?

OrchidWiz shows Zygonisia Cynosure 'Blue Bird' AOS/AM

Blue Bird as the clonal name, not part of the epithet...

Yes, I know it is a clonal name. I made a mistake. I forgot the quotes. That is what I was trying to say in the message I posted just before yours.

But I wrote 'Bluebird' instead of 'Blue Bird' Thank you.

extremely hard to keep the leaves on this intergeneric clean. we used to grow thousands of these at the nursery i used to work at and they were certainly not the easiest

extremely hard to keep the leaves on this intergeneric clean. we used to grow thousands of these at the nursery i used to work at and they were certainly not the easiest

I'm glad to know that, 'cause mine are kinda ratty.

This is beautiful, Erythrone, and what an amazing number of flowers!

Yeah, these won't be you're cleanest plants, but they are strong, easy growers. The growths go out in all directions and the leaves curl and all. Shoot, one of ours has roots coming out at the top of the pseudobulb where it meets the leaves. But they have very pretty flowers.

Beautiful and I'm sort of glad to read that I'm not the only grower of these types with ugly leaves.

Very nice... :) How should they be grown?

Mine is in LECA. I grow it SH. The leaves weve clean for 1 and 1/2 year and now they are .... ugly. I give it intermediate temperature and good ventilation. Like a Zygopetalum. Doesn't seem to like warm temperature for a long period. Maybe there is something I don't understand about this plant.

But I wonder why my Zygopetalum is now happy. It was ugly last year.

Latest posts

Back