Zygonisia Cynosure ‘Bluebird’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Zygonisia Cynosure ‘Bluebird’ (Aganisia cyanea x Zygopetalum Skippy Ku)

I bought this plant in fall 2009. It flowered many times since I bough it. I grow it in Primagra since several months. The flowers are much bigger now. This plant is very easy for me, although there are some black spots on the leaves. It seems to dislike hot conditions, although I found it to be less prone to fungi than Zygopetalum.

ZygonisiaCynosureBluebird2.jpg

ZygonisiaCynosureBluebird_.jpg

Lovely! I've learned that the secret to preventing the black spotting on Zygopetalums is to keep them cool with good air movement. I grow mine outdoors under a pergola in my back yard and they don't have black spots. I'm guessing the same conditions would work for this one, too.

Good color but I want fragrance also. Maybe someone has crossed it back w/ zygo?
Wouldn't most of us? Have to wonder if crossing back to zygo would add fragrance, I thought it was hit or miss in the fragrance department with zygos?

Awesome color capture!!! It's tough to get this one right on "film". We have these and it bugs me that the plants are usually a little ratty lookin', but that's just what these do and I have to get over it. :)

Latest posts

Back