Zelenkoa onusta

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone

Reaction score
This is not so easy to grow. I nearly lost it last year from too much water. It grows on cacti in Equador. Likes it DRY!!

Beautiful! I love this species. Mine's in spike now and I'm really looking forward to it blooming. Although, it usually blooms in the fall; last fall the newest growth which should've bloomed, suddenly rotted and was lost. So, it started up a new growth from an old, dormant eye further back on the plant and now that it's mature, it's making a spike, regardless of it not being the right season. You're right Mike, this one definitely likes it hot, dry and bright; but, with frequent (daily), waterings. It just needs to completely dry off within an hour or two and then bake in the hot sun all day.

Very nice! I bet this one would love to bake in our big south facing front window. Will have to keep an eye out for one.

Sounds like I'd like it. Mount it and not have to water it too much, and it's ok to let it bake. I've been searching for some orchids like this... Thanks for sharing!

Mealies killed mine - but lovely to see it so healthy! That is real yellow that is.

Very nice... I thought it would withstand more extreme conditions than Tolumnia but was sadly wrong... Several divisions were fried under the hot dry season we now have. I had them in very small plastic pots with a few pieces of charcoal and couple strands of moss.

Latest posts

Back