Yes, I Want To Know About CHC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To endorse Bob's comments. The biggest improvement to all my orchid growing (regardless of species, potting mix, or fertilizer regime) happened when I conciously monitored and manipulated air humidity.

When I controled air humidity from the ambient 30-60 to a constant 70+, it was like a switch was thrown in the GH and growth went wild for the vast majority of my collection.

Potting mixes and fertilizer regimes are now like fine tuning to try to improve longevity, control periodic disease, and increase size of the stubborn persnickety species.

Since increasing humidity I've been growing a handful of vandas with no substrate at all, just hanging in an empty basket/pot or simple wire.I have a Vanda roebelingii that I have just propped up amongst the leaves of a Bulbo grandiflorum that I haven't got around to officially setting up in its own basket/mount for almost a year. It's been growing roots and leaves at a pretty high rate.

Last edited:
Well, Bob.... a lot of us here learned from the best. ;) Good to hear from you.

-Ernie

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
It has proven extremely helpful.

And fortifies my belief that this is the best place
to get tried and true usable information.

Best regards,

I second that! It is the best place to get reliable information! Good thread. I am sticking with bark mix.

Latest posts

Back