Anyone using CHC on Phrag. kovachii these days? Favorite non-bark/CHC mix choices?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Tom Reddick As I am the person who developed the method, you’ll find a lot of info at my website.

I am not aware that anyone sells the pots any longer. I stopped about 5 years ago and the place in VA (name?) followed suit a couple years later, so now it’s a DIY situation - not that it is much of a burden for most.

Pots are plastic, with no perforations for drainage, into which two, 1/4” holes are drilled right next to each other, about 1”-1.5” up from the bottom. Deli containers are often used, but any plastic container - food storage, buckets, bathroom trash cans, etc. - will work. The holes can be drilled higher for larger containers to create a deeper reservoir.

Most folks prefer translucent-, or “natural” color so they can see the liquid level and roots, but I don’t bother any longer. Once plants are established, I water heavily and frequently, so drying out is not a concern.

Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate (LECA) is the medium of choice, and most brands work just fine, once properly prepped.

Je ne suis pas Frank, mais au cas où cela aiderait, j'ai commandé le numéro ce week-end sur le site Web. C'était The Phragmipedium Issue - 84-4 (ils font un numéro spécial à la fin de chaque année axé sur un aspect particulier des orchidées.) Si vous avez besoin de plus d'informations ou souhaitez commander le numéro, voici le lien,

https://www.orchiddigest.org/product-category/current-year-issues/[/CITATION]
Many thanks Tom. My club subscribes to this magazine. I asked the committee to look for it. I will scan the article in question

Back