Yellow Tiger x Wellesleyanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Purchased as a flask about 7 years ago. Three flowers, but the first one is a little distorted. Petals are about 8 cm long and the dorsal width is about 4.5 cm. Plant is growing in a 5 inch pot and has 5 leaves with a span of about 12 inches.

I am undecided about keeping it. It is a little washed out, but the leaves are attractive, the plant is compact and it does bloom. I have several others in spike right now and I'm hoping for just a little more color.

Mike

I like it though. The yellow tiger will make the color lighter but you may get one that is darker. Markings are clear and not so bland.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yellow tiger = stonei x praestans and welleslyanum, godefroyae x concolor, another has got to be darker, it looks nice anyways at least it's symmetrical and blooms!! It looks alot like paph mark hasegawa

Yellow tiger = stonei x praestans and welleslyanum, godefroyae x concolor, another has got to be darker, it looks nice anyways at least it's symmetrical and blooms!! It looks alot like paph mark hasegawa

A 'correct' Yellow Tiger is platyphyllum x praestans which gives paler flowers. Lots sold as Yellow Tiger (mine included) are actually Stone Praetorian (stonei x praestans). Koopowitz even mentions this in his Tropical Slippers book.
Unless others bloom with redder pouches and this is a one off light one, I'd guess this is the true colour from a platy YTiger cross.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A 'correct' Yellow Tiger is platyphyllum x praestans which gives paler flowers. Lots sold as Yellow Tiger (mine included) are actually Stone Praetorian (stonei x praestans). Koopowitz even mentions this in his Tropical Slippers book.
Unless others bloom with redder pouches and this is a one off light one, I'd guess this is the true colour from a platy YTiger cross.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with your opinion as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back