Yellow discoloration of leaves of lowii hybrids?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipperscout

Reaction score
My friend living in FLA indicates that many lowii hybrids (especially Julius) are prone to developing pale yellow leaves as the plant matures. Apparently the discoloration is diffuse and shows no particular pattern. New growth is green, but turns pale yellow. Flowering does not appear to be affected. He reports that several FLA multiflora growers see this problem with their lowii hybrids. I suspect a trace mineral problem, but I have not seen it in my plants grown in northern NJ.
Any thoughts???

My friend living in FLA indicates that many lowii hybrids (especially Julius) are prone to developing pale yellow leaves as the plant matures. Apparently the discoloration is diffuse and shows no particular pattern. New growth is green, but turns pale yellow. Flowering does not appear to be affected. He reports that several FLA multiflora growers see this problem with their lowii hybrids. I suspect a trace mineral problem, but I have not seen it in my plants grown in northern NJ.
Any thoughts???
Which fertilyser do you use?

Latest posts

Back