Would you buy from this Ebayer??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guessing from the enormous amount of cactus plants & the ebay name .
Obviously, this seller did not own many paphs
He or she probably researches the parents's names from the tag that his/her supplier put in the pot, not knowing that the hybrid has a name, furthermore, those parents can not produce that flower.

delenatii x malipoense = lynleigh koopowitz. That isnt like any L.K. Ive ever seen. That is why more people need to get on Slippertalk ;) Ebay has some GREAT stuff sometimes, but you have to be soooooo careful! I have bought a few things from eBay, but only from vendors with excellent feedback and lots of it...or I test them with questions and see if they have any idea what they are talking about.
Yes, this auction is yet another troubling one :mad:

I agree, I doubt they're an orchid vendor that knows much about paphs.

At least it's a WYSIWYG auction, so you know it's not Lynleigh Koopowitz. Looks like straight godefroyae to me.

Well! He/she cansels everything he/she says with the pictures shown!!!LOL

I've gotten some good deals on E-bay, but it's like shopping at a discount store sometimes. Being wary is important. I saw an ad on E-bay the other day, from a comany advertising that they could send a beautiful flowering Dendrobium orchid to your loved ones for the holidays. Then there was a picture of a pink Phalaenopsis! :rolleyes:

I've gotten great deals from Ebay...way, way, way more good than bad. Feedback alone isn't an indication. Look at the number of bids. Paph newbies on Ebay won't get that many bids...but someone who's been selling a long time, has good feedback, but no bids...well, there is a reason. Then again, I'm shocked sometimes at the plants I win...I just won a Battle of Egypt "Alpha"...for $24! Twice, I've won Maudiae "The Queen" for less than $40...the last one was multigrowth. Take care, Eric

I agree with Eric for sure. Eric, was your Battle of Egypt from mike in Portland? If it was, I bought the Lady Clunas 'Whatcroft Hall' FCC for 35.00. (commercial growers are charging at least 150-200 for divisions). Mike is legit and that is for certain. Anything he has on his listing is grown well and is, from my experience, exactly what it says. The issue with him though is that he doesn't usually put flower photos up with the auction. just the pic of the plant. Not many people bid on things that dont have flower photos.
Long story short...if they are reputable, sometimes you can find a good deal and sometimes a steal!!!

If you look at the pics, there are 2 different Paph flowers. The flower only pic is different to the plant pic.

I didn't even notice that before! The plant pic has a cool bloom. It would be nice if that was actually the plant that you got, but who knows?

Sometimes this might be good, cause you can end up with a great, healthy and expensive plant in your hands, for a few bucks (or euro etc)...;)

Yes, I got it from Mike. I've gotten his plants before and totally trust him. Always gives great breaks on shipping after the first plant...unlike a lot of other sellers....even on repeat orders. His plants are always great. I was tempted by the Lady Clunas....looked it up and decided against it when I read that it could be a reluctant bloomer...also don't want the wife to be killing me yet again over an ebay win...I bid low, expecting to lose....then I win, and get in trouble.....

Latest posts

Back