Woodstream Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not grind axes? That's the benefit of the forum, opinions get expressed, pro and con. I buy from them whenever I can and can't complain.. I know I'm almost unique because I travel to a lot of shows but a lot of times you have to be persistent.

It's perfectly legitimate for people to post good and/or not so good experiences with vendors here. Frankly, I never had much luck with Woodstream myself - I had a terrible time getting in touch with them to place an order, and when I finally did, too many insects arrived with the plants for me to risk ordering again, and this was years ago...

It sounded like a legitimate concern and it is helpful to know who/what to be on the look out for because our hobby isn't cheap. I have defended them in the past but I have to report that the last few people I've actually talked to about them had nothing good to say. I was burned on a purchase from them in the spring. Poor product and poor attitude. Its a shame because he is a good hybridizer. Perhaps you should pass on the concerns so he can address them. His reputaion is slipping in the community.

I emailed them yesterday, got a response this morning. Ordering flasks later today when they update the Website.

Why not grind axes?

Because we don't have any real proof that the grindor has actually had any real problems with the grindee! The grindor can cause a lot of damage to an innocent vendor. (I realize innocent vendor is approaching oxymoron status)

Thought a little more about this and I never had a problem with negative posts about other vendors. This must have just gotten me a little mad because I know them so well.

I guess it is okay to vent here. Sorry.

I can see that as time had gone by, I've watched some older vendors get worn out a bit by the selling grind, especially if there is a lot of travel involved. Add on top of that health problems with family and you could easily approach a state of 'ah, who cares.... ' Referring to the plants. It is unfortunate, but they may not care as much about the plants anymore and have more important things on their minds. Doesn't make them no longer nice, just a sad thing to have happen. Sometimes if life starts happening too much, plants can seem like a burden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I emailed them yesterday, got a response this morning. Ordering flasks later today when they update the Website.
I heard from them rather quickly when I inquire about some flask availability too. The problem was it took several months before they got around to shipping them and these were suppose to be ready to go. Quite honestly I somewhat forgot and about the time it dawned on me, they were on my doorstep, no communication from the seller. I ordered and received several crosses, the plants were little as were the roots so they've been SLOOOW but I'm happy to report that one plant is in bud!

Back