Who am I?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've very careful but occasionally I lose a tag. This is a well known Catt. clone but the ID has fallen out of the pot. It flowered in the heat of the summer, but if I remember correctly if it flowers in color temperatures the petal are pure white. Can anyone identify this guy?

UnknownCattalya.jpg

Last edited:
Can't help on the name, but I LOVE the flower! :drool:

How 'bout Bc. Sunset Glory? Richard Mueller is a parent, and the photo of Sunset Glory in OrchidWiz kind of looks like your flower.

I've very careful but occasionally I lose a tag. This is a well known Catt. clone but the ID has fallen out of the pot. It flowered in the heat of the summer, but if I remember correctly if it flowers in color temperatures the petal are pure white. Can anyone identify this guy?

UnknownCattalya.jpg
This is not a Cattleya, but a Cattleya-hybrid of some sort ... From the lengths and narrowness of the lip, I would guess there is either bowringiana or skinnery involved (probably bowringiana) ... But who knows what else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a bit like Hoku Gem to me, but not 100%. The spotting and depth of orange overlay on this hybrid is variable depending on temp, light, etc. Hoku Gem has long, pointy, narrow leaves too.

Looking again, I think Joanne might have something. We bloomed a handful of Sunset Glory (Richard Mueller X purpurata) seedlings (not clones), and some looked a lot like this. I just saw one in spike in the range and reminded me. The flowers of Sunset Glory are way bigger than Hoku Gem, but not big by Cattleya standards by any means.

Back