Which would you buy?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegayde

Reaction score
which of these do you think has the greatest potential and why?

2. Paph delenatii x Bel Royal "EYOF" - $40
3. Paph rothschildianum "Heatwave" x Wellesleyanum "Golden Galaxy" - $40
4. Paph rothschildianum "ExB" x Mt Toro - $40
5. Paph Bel Royal "EYOF" x Lyro Blackhawk - $40
6. Paph rothschildianum "ExB" x Lyro Blackhawk - $40

Todd

I think the best potential comes from sticky to similar kind.
multi x multi, brachy x brachy, etc.
Multi x brachy becomes more of a crapshoot, there can be some that are quite nice but they can also be dogs.
So how lucky do you feel?

I agree with both Roy and goldenrose, and at $40 a pop who wants to chance "maybe" getting something worthwhile.

--Allen--

Todd, #2 is a real gamble. It would look like Pink Sky and there's not many good ones of those. #3 would take a life time to bloom in most cases. The last three, buy one of each or three of each!

Pretty well everything on the list has something going for it. Depends on your personal taste. The parvi-multi hybrids can be pretty amazing. So the first one delanatii x Bel Royal sounds promising. A bit like a Delrosi but maybe more flowers and easier to grow. But I agree with Rick, maybe a chance that it would be a dud.

David

I should have clarified these are all flasks not plants....I was thinking of getting one or two....there are three other choices in the listing which are

1. Paph delenatii x sib (selected plants from OZ and Rands) -- $40
7. Paph Gary Romagna (roths x St Swithin) - $40
8. Paph Mt Toro x self - $40

#1, #7 & #8 are much better choices but ....
everyone has deles, because they're 'select plants', will they produce select offspring that will be in demand?
Gary Romagna are going to take up some space.
Mt. Toros are sloooow.

as far as I know there are approx. 25 seedlings per flask and the 1st of May they were being replated into final flask and I was told it had taken about 2 to 3 months for previous replates to get big enough to deflask and compot.

$5 per seedling if there is 25 in the flask and it costs $125....but I agree still a good buy just unsure of spending that much for a flask

Todd

Latest posts

Back