Where to do with my chanhii????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would be happy. I got it one year ago. Plant had no living roots, older growth died back, new one started to grow and plant has two fine living root at this moment. And this sily plant started to form a bud.....I think I wish I saw its flower but I will cut the bud. Plant is very weak at this moment and chanhii is hard to find, very hard to keep it alive and fairly expensive....

What would you do?

Last edited:
my thoughts are since the chances are it will probably die anyway you might as well see the flower.

my thoughts are since the chances are it will probably die anyway you might as well see the flower.

I don't think so....don't forget that this is a one year old plant at me arrived without roots. Now there is two living roots and one new, but weak growth....I think it would be better to cut the bud....

Since the plant has recovered this far, I would cut the bud off and save the plant (since they are quite rare) and enjoy the next flowering!

The ones I have seen lately are starting to grow and put up new growths. They are not big strong plants so don't expect them to be too strong and never enjoying any blooms. Good luck.

I would be happy. I got it one year ago. Plant had no living roots, older growth died back, new one started to grow and plant has two fine living root at this moment. And this sily plant started to form a bud.....I think I wish I saw its flower but I will cut the bud. Plant is very weak at this moment and chanhii is hard to find, very hard to keep it alive and fairly expensive....

What would you do?

I agree. I would reove the bud as soo as I could grab it with a pair of tweezers

What would you do?

I agree. I would remove the bud as soon as I could grab it with a pair of tweezers. Is it in too course a material? But it is a good sign that the plant has enough energy to make a flower. I think it will be ok!

I agree. I would remove the bud as soon as I could grab it with a pair of tweezers. Is it in too course a material? But it is a good sign that the plant has enough energy to make a flower. I think it will be ok!

I made a decision and removed the bud, regarding to 2 nice living roots of plant.I think this way I may have hope to keep it alive.

IT's coarser than what I have seen them growing in. Needs some moss and limestone sand. :)

I don't think so....I tried with this one for three times. Two of them died within half a year, and they were unable for producing new roots at all, however I have few success, first bloomed, but died after soon....I think this way is good, this one can produce new growth ( however week, in fact) and bud ( however I broke it), but it is alive more than one year after I got. I use akadama in mix, it keep mix constantly humid, but not wet.

Back