What should I do?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

Hi!

I'm seeking advice. Yesterday, I was cleaning up in the greenhouse when I picked up some of my paphiopedilums off the floor (my cats were once again playing hockey in the greenhouse!). I discovered that one of them has a long root growing out of a drainage hole. The paph is Booth's Stone Lady "Tip Top' x In-Charm Michael. The tag also says www.OrchidsGoneWild.com on it. I purchased it on eBay. I've had it for six months or so. Here is a photo.

IMG_4074a.jpg

My digital camera is apparently on its last legs. I apologize for the poor quality photo. But as you can see, it's in a 3-1/2 inch pot with a root that is over 12 inches long growing out of the drainage hole. Should I repot it now or wait until Spring? I don't want to damage the healthy root. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nik

i'd repot too. just be fairly careful and remember wet roots are more pliable and twirl that sucker into place...

My thought, too!!! Do the leaves look too dark (they look like dark grey), or it's my screen???

It's not your screen. It's my photo. The camera is going out on me. The leaves are dark green.

That's one long healthy root! Repot for sure!
I got that cross too! Good luck!

Back