What cross?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ayreon

what.jpg

Bought this cheap with no name tag. Looks like lowii crossed with something?
It's not fully opened in this pic.

to me it almost looks like parishii by something. i ain't sure what the something is, though....

how long has the flower been opened? it reminds me of Paph Lebaudyanum which is Paph haynaldianum x Paph philippinense...

how long has the flower been opened? it reminds me of Paph Lebaudyanum which is Paph haynaldianum x Paph philippinense...
I was thinking the samething or roth, but the flower doesn't look big enough to have just roth as the other parent.

I'm going with you! I saw one at the show yesterday. I have 2 plants that are from alba parents.

what2.jpg

It's WIDE!
I just found one pic of an Ewa Weigner, but I see some similarities indeed.

i rescind my parishii thoughts.
it's just that they looked like they were gonna curl parishii-style...

Hmmm ... changing as it continues to open wide! I'm beginning to think it's a species crossed back to a primary hybrid. Wow - that certainly narrowed it down! :p
Is the stam looking like any species to anyone?

I think one parent is haynaldianum and not lowii, the other parent is either Saint Swithin or Lady Isabel, but that one is hard to tell, I think there is some roth in there, but it is not a straight roth; The yellowish pouch makes me think there maybe some philippinense, so I am probably leaning towards St. Swithin.

Robert

I think one parent is haynaldianum and not lowii, the other parent is either Saint Swithin or Lady Isabel, but that one is hard to tell, I think there is some roth in there, but it is not a straight roth; The yellowish pouch makes me think there maybe some philippinense, so I am probably leaning towards St. Swithin.

Robert

My first impression included stonei, so I'll partly go along with Robert but choose Lady Isabel x haynaldianum.

What about Bernice x stonei, or Bernice x Lady Isabel? The open curled flower shape just screams stonei to me, and the rich red/purple petals remind me a great deal of Bernice.

What ever it is, it is stunning!

Houghtoniae.jpg

Jerry%20Spence.jpg

Paph.Berenice2[1].jpg

Paph.Lehaud.Paph.hay2[1].jpg here are some pics of the similer looking flowers i could find , all have there names in the file ,hope this is helpfull :) going from these pictures, id have to say that picture #2 jerry spence looks most like it

Robert

I do agree. How about Paph. Larry Booth (Saint Swithin x haynaldianum).

Ramon:)

Latest posts

Back