What could this be???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello all,

I found these two under one of the leaves of a paph of mine..!! Do you have any idea what it might be?? They were 2-3 cm apart, they are not crashed and they are very tiny as you can see. Should I worry or treat them with something??? TYIA

PC070016.jpg

black.jpg

Nope...! I've left them on a self and they haven't moved for a couple of hours! They are less than 0.5mm...

... They are less than 0.5mm...

I have quite some beasts that size living esp. on the roots of my catts!! I had them examined under a microscope in a lab, and the guy told me those were sort of spiders having 8 legs!!! So size and color correspond but mine move :eek: !!! Jean

Thank you all for the answers!!! Probaply it is not harmful, but I was curious. The seed answer might have more potential but the oribatitids sound logical too...! But who knows....!:rolleyes:

I remember finding something similar in my apartment and was worried that cockroaches had migrated to there from work, but a co-worker told me that they figured they weren't eggs but oxalis seeds though I think they were a bit redder than that (but they had those sort of 'dots' or indentations on the surface like your things do)

If you have oxalis anywhere near where you found these, I'm sure they are seeds. Oxalis can shoot their seed quite far.

Probably the seller had them in the nursery?? Or in the potting mix?? I have them indoors with other orchids... Charles thank you for the info...:)

Back