Waterfalls of the Blue Mountains

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drool::drool::drool:Thanks for sharing!!!
.... nice to see some green/moist landscapes. it would be nice to curl my toes in some wet, green moss (in a warm place) right about now ...
me too!

I so look forward to your photos. Its like we have our own private National Geographic photographer in the house. Thanks.
:clap::clap:

Sorry to be somewhat late with my reply David, but nevertheless I spent quite some time now dreaming about your beautiful shots !!!!!
Whereas the landscape panorama is absolutely terrifying, your waterflow pictures are extreme, even the one last one where you show a very quiet water (with just some flow in the background)!!!! Bravo, and thanks for showing us!!!! Jean

I'm thinking wider audience -- a book, maybe? Galen Rowell, Elliot Porter...

Crikey Dot. Galen Rowell. I've got a bit to go before I reach those lofty heights, if indeed I ever could. Maybe a book one day but I need to get out there and take a lot more photos before I can think of that. I can go a long time between shootings. Off to the coast next week, so hopefully will take some nice ocean photos.

There are so many great photographers now. The advent of the digital camera has enabled any keen amatuer to get out there and take awesome photos. I wouldn't want to be making a living out of it. But there are some people making big money as you can see from this link -

http://blog.peterlik.com/bid/58038/PETER-LIK-PHOTOGRAPH-ONE-SELLS-FOR-1-MILLION

David

Beautiful photos, David... the waterfalls, and the wider landscapes :) I love the light in that first shot.

- Matthew Gore

Crikey Dot. Galen Rowell. I've got a bit to go before I reach those lofty heights, if indeed I ever could. Maybe a book one day but I need to get out there and take a lot more photos before I can think of that. I can go a long time between shootings. Off to the coast next week, so hopefully will take some nice ocean photos.

There are so many great photographers now. The advent of the digital camera has enabled any keen amatuer to get out there and take awesome photos. I wouldn't want to be making a living out of it. But there are some people making big money as you can see from this link -

http://blog.peterlik.com/bid/58038/PETER-LIK-PHOTOGRAPH-ONE-SELLS-FOR-1-MILLION

David
David, I used to teach photography technology and art, and had many a talented student. From what I can see, you have both an excellent eye for composition and a mastery of the technical aspects of photography. If you work hard at it, you may not make a million dollars on a photo, but you should "make your mark" in the field.

David, I used to teach photography technology and art, and had many a talented student. From what I can see, you have both an excellent eye for composition and a mastery of the technical aspects of photography. If you work hard at it, you may not make a million dollars on a photo, but you should "make your mark" in the field.

Thanks Dot for your kind words and encouragement. It is much appreciated.

David

I had a chance to take some more Blue Mountain waterfall photos after Christmas. It had been pretty dry there until Christmas day where it rained quite steadily all day. Apart from the last two these are all taken from Leura Cascades which is a lovely short stroll along a fern filled creek with many pretty waterfalls. It was quite foggy the morning I took these.

The last two photos are of Wentworth Falls which is a pretty famous falls and even the name of a Blue Mountains town.

Wentworth Falls

Great pics again thanks for sharing.

here it is going to freeze again.

Can you find orchids there.

The pictures are so intimate that I feel like I need to go dry off. Spectacular technique and thank you.

David, did you ever publish these?

I read that Australia is experiencing another record heat wave. I hope it breaks soon.

David, did you ever publish these?

I read that Australia is experiencing another record heat wave. I hope it breaks soon.

No, not yet Dot.

Yes, record heat waves hitting Australia at the moment. Last Monday was the hottest day recorded across Australia. There was an average temperature of 40.3oC. I can't sort of get my head around that figure. The average of 700-800 weather stations right across Australia was greater than 40oC. Well that record will only last one day as yesterday was even hotter and will certainly beat it.

Another record was broken - 6 consecutive days where the average temperature across Australia was greater than 39oC. The previous record was 4. This record will certainly increase to 7, possibly 8. Another very hot week ahead is predicted.

The effect of climate change on Australia is pretty frightening. Australia is already a very hot and dry country. Climate change will tip it over the edge. A lot of it will become uninhabitable.

Back