• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted; Mıchael koopowitz and fairrieanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarumokk

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to buy the following two orchid. but I could not find a place. Please help me. I live in Turkey.
Paphiopedilum Michael koopowitz
Paphiopedilum fairrieanum

Murat

Welcome to the forum. The question I guess is, is it easier to get Orchids from the West (Europe) or from the East (Asia). Check online on 'Orchidmall' for plant sources near you, Good luck. :)

Welcome to our forum, Tarumokk! I can't suggest any sources myself, but I'm sure you will get various responses from others who know better. I would contact any grower with CITES and export shipping capacity. Orchids Limited in Minnesota, Orchid Inn in Illinois, and Piping Rock Orchids New York state are some that can probably help you. In Europe I would try Wossner Orchids in Germany.

Welcome to Slippertalk, Murat. I think you are our first member from Turkey. Please tell us a little about yourself in the Greetings and Salutations section.

Hello, my friends,
I talked to a few sellers in the United States.
Sent no plant to Turkey.

In Europe,
I want to find a place that sells plants.
I guess my only Turks in this forum.

I think you could help me.

I love orchids.
Please help me.

Murat

Hello Murat and welcome to the forum,

still have not seen Paph. Michael Koopowitz at any european vendor - would like to have one myself! Paph fairieanum is listed in the catalogues of Asendorfer Orchideen, Cramer Orchideen and ... (don't remember the third). Always good to have a look at the catalogues of orchids and more, Wichmann Orchideen, Popow Orchideen as well. You might try with nardotto e capello in Italy and surely with the netherlands vendors as well.
Luck!

You found one!! Great! A lot of money for a plant in an 8cm pot... Never bought from Asendorfer, so I cannot tell you anything about these "strong and juvenile plants" ; leave span would be more helpful than pot dimensions...
Will look if I find something about the average quality/dimensions of Asendeorfer plants, I think he has a good reputation. Someone can help?

You might have a look at Regina Elsner's page. She has some rothschildianum - hybrids, with flower pics and/or plant pics to show what 40cm leafspan may look like. I find it quite helpful. Got a few Paphs from elsner and they are young but good and healthy plants.
Don know the plants from Schwerter, can't tell you.

Latest posts

Back