volonteanum spike

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Osmocote on the crowns is a secret trick he uses to get all these exotic spikes and blooms!!
Just saying…
Grrr....I tell a story of mine.I got few nice plants recently for a lot of money, eg. sanderianum,lowii album, bs. size plants. I use for my paphs is the following mix: fine bark, seramis, fine pumice granulates, 3:1:1. Unfortunately pumice granulates looks the same as the osmocote-like fertilizer, what i use for my grass in my garden. Accidentally I use this fertilizer instead of pumice when I repotted these new paphs. I could kill 4 valuable plants of mine within 2 days. I noticed that they became dehydrated within one day.When i realised my fault and removed them from the wrong mix, joint of crown and root system were completely necrotic.All have gone to heaven.( and me to the next pub for some spirit). Anyway I use only foliar feeding, i think, roots of paphs are easily die because of salts, so everytime, when I water them, I use only pure rain water, checking its Ec, about 20-35 uS.

Last edited:
Grrr....I tell a story of mine.I got few nice plants for a lot of money, eg. sanderianum,lowii album, bs. size plants. I use for my paphs is the following mix: fine bark, seramis, fine pumice granulates, 3:1:1. Unfortunately pucice granulates looks the same as the osmocote-like fertilizer, what i use for my grass in my garden. Accidentally I use this fertilizer instead of pumice when I repotted these new paphs. I could kill 4 valuable plants of mine within 2 days. I noticed that they became dehydrated within one day.When i realused my fault and removed them from the wrong mix, joint of crown and root system were completely necrotic.All have gone to heaven.( and me to the next pub for some spirit). Anyway I use only foliar feeding, i think, roots of paphs are easily die because of salts, so everytime, when I water them, I use only pure rain water, checking its Ec, about 20-35 uS.
I agree roots on Paphs. are easily damaged from fertilizing.

Congratulations! Seramis and pumice... interesting. I have grown mine in Hausermann's seedling bark. They do ok but are still recovering from mites, seem just to be sitting there. This is one I water twice as often as others. This and sangii.

Latest posts

Back