venustum ‘master’ HCC/AOS x self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junglejewel

Reaction score
F3F63F4D-35B7-4D50-8961-7D03CD8013DD.jpeg 3D9D0015-0D75-465D-A374-92529A069AB0.jpeg 81B655F6-C848-4753-B415-836A5DD6EFBE.jpeg This is one of the best venustum’s I have. Yet another example of the results I get from keeping my venustum’s almost wet. Can’t see in the photos, but there is a 3rd fan in the back that is also starting to spike.

They are beautiful! Will the roots start to rot when you keep the potting mix wet at all times? No the dry/wet cycle?
I don’t literally keep them “wet” sitting in water, but as soon as the wet appearance of the roots and substrate, goes to moist, I water again. Year round. In my early times with venustum’s, I would always get spikes drying up and dying with the “rest”. I water them liberally all year round now as my own experiment, contrar to what we are taught, and have been rewarded very nicely the past few years. Of course, this is what works for me and my conditions. I strongly urge anyone having difficulties with venustum’s, to try my theory on just one of their venustum’s, and see if it works for you too.

Latest posts

Back