Vanda Pachara Delight

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you grow this in your window? (If I recall, you don't have a greenhouse.)

Yes your are right...no greenhouse. Outside in summer hanging under a crabapple tree and bright SW exposure window in the winter. I have light carts too but the vanda's and a few others get the windows. If you were going to try a few vandas/asco's this one would be at the top of my list.

If you were going to try a few vandas/asco's this one would be at the top of my list.

Where'd you buy this from? I'd love to try theses, but watering them 1x or 2x a days is a bit much. Someone else who grows vandas on a windowsill throws in a few large coconut chunks in the pot to help provide humidity (and reduce watering to every 2-3 days).

Where'd you buy this from? I'd love to try theses, but watering them 1x or 2x a days is a bit much. Someone else who grows vandas on a windowsill throws in a few large coconut chunks in the pot to help provide humidity (and reduce watering to every 2-3 days).

Pretty sure I bought this from Carmela's Orchids in Hawaii: http://carmelaorchids.net.siteprevi...ra-4-inch-baskets-1-to-2-years-from-blooming/
I water everyday in the summer but once inside for the winter, I water once every two days. It's a bit of labor of love with these vandas without a greenhouse and that's probably why mine is relatively compact....less than ideal growing conditions. My mix is non-existent or large chunks of bark/charcoal/even wine corks but I like the idea of the coconut chunks. Thanks for passing that along.

Back