Update Cypripedium Debile

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

Here are photos of it in full bloom:

Debile
URL=http://img402.imageshack.us/i/debile1.jpg/]
debile1.jpg
[/URL]

The flower

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here another Photos of some Cyps just in bloom.

Flavum:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And a Red Franchetii:

If you can get C. debile to come up year are year in your garden, you have done something - they are tough to maintain long term in my experience. So, congrats! I love that blunt nosed C. franchetii too - a real cutie!

I still think a not dry condition and lot of water in the summer and than...
The soil is a soil Mix of vulcanic material and soil Mix for azalee.
In the same soil I grow my formosanum. And I trhink they like cold and not to dry winters. Like Japonicum and formosanum.
I heard shikogu garden is very succesfull with it. There was this year a lot of imports.
This plant if you see has 2 growth. Last year in autum i divided it, for better and faster growth. The part I cut down, just started to look outside, so hopefully it will start growing like this one. :wink:

I still think a not dry condition and lot of water in the summer and than...
The soil is a soil Mix of vulcanic material and soil Mix for azalee.
In the same soil I grow my formosanum. And I trhink they like cold and not to dry winters. Like Japonicum and formosanum.
I heard shikogu garden is very succesfull with it. There was this year a lot of imports.
This plant if you see has 2 growth. Last year in autum i divided it, for better and faster growth. The part I cut down, just started to look outside, so hopefully it will start growing like this one. :wink:

Definitely no dry periods for this one! I've tried it in pots thus far and this fall I'll get a few more and try them out in a woodland bed. They should do better there. You are brave dividing your plant. If I had one growing well, I wouldn't dare touch it. They are so small and produce so few roots.

To be honest Tom it was the first time I divided it over 4 years now. And I still have a bad feeling that I did it, for the same reson as you.

But I seen something intresting in your post of japonicum which is the same
with Debile. My first ones I get and lose, are all brown or darker roots like normal cyps. This one I collected at the breeder in england, and when put it out the pot I saw a small nearly white root. I was thinking I have soemthing else, but he told me you are right with that one. And you see it was still nearly white when I tooked it out of soil last autum.
The same with the bardolphilum nearly white/creamy roots, from this seller and you see they are growing.
But this guy is not allways right, you see it is the same one I baught my farreri which turned out as a franchetii.

Hopefully the pollen for which i cutted it did work.
The flavum makes a pot and it is still green.
So in another 30 days I will send it to my laboratory, and he has to do the rest.
Hopefully more seeds, than my first new Hybrids this year.

Pretty cool! Now if it were only just a tad larger and held itself properly! Honestly though, I still love this little plant.
It is cute, adorable, interesting! Hybridizers don't seem to have a problem adding size, is holding itself up properly another story?

Latest posts

Back