Unknown Epi. and Encyclia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

Hi all. I know I don't post often and I'm not trying to use you all for my own selfish ID reasons but anyone know what these may be, encyclia and epidendrum. I acquired them both as nameless divisions from the greenhouse at Southern Illinous University Carbondale, I've had them for years and have tried folks at ABG and a few universities with no luck. They flower profusely, although the encyclia seems to stop bud production when temps get in the mid 90's, and I would like now to put a name with them. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• encyclia.jpg
    encyclia.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
  • epi 1.jpg
    epi 1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 15
  • epi 2.jpg
    epi 2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 16
  • epi 3.jpg
    epi 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 16
Very beautiful both of them... Sorry I can not help you with the ID...:)

Good job! Sorry I'm going to be of no help with the ID but I'm sure someone here will!

E. belizensis, I like that, that's one of the few that I thought were suspect but just wasn't sure, Is yours about to bloom? the photo above was from last year, got 23 spikes this year but most only developed 4-5 flowers before the heat here in Memphis got to them, but some are still going strong w/ 9+ buds, one even had a branch (that produced 1 bud, not much of a branch). thanks

Latest posts

Back