Trichoglottis brachiata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
Trichoglottis brachiata

Plant is getting taller and the basal keiki is growing taller too.

4535a21b2028540924f8f740663a4819.jpg

7e5161fa5500ae69ad86864d20291336.jpg

This was hanging in a basket near the top of greenhouse. I moved it to bench so that I can enjoy flowers closer and smell their fragrance.

More buds
94a6e2782addfc9187f5366ad0fab2d1.jpg

From July 23, 2015
9156aaf46f54e3d08ae5afbb52be69d7.jpg

0fd26ce8cd00da3cb3eb4c20d81b84c0.jpg

Amazing! These are so difficult to grow. What are you going to do when it gets big!?
Why is it difficult to grow. What are the problems ? Is its culture different from a Vanda culture ?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you all.

I did not find this plant to be difficult. For the longest time it wouldn't flower or bloom well because I wasn't watering it enough. Buds would blast. Now that i'm watering it more often it seems to be happier - and it has a basal keiki that is growing well.

My plant is small compared to Al's Greenhouse in Virginia. he has one that is very tall reaching the top of his greenhouse. I think I saw he posted a photo recently on Facebook. I will also try to find a photo I took when I was in his greenhouse couple years ago.

No, I haven't thought of crossing this with phalaenopsis. Maybe it would work better with Paraphal ? I rather enjoy the flower than making seedpods.

No, I haven't thought of crossing this with phalaenopsis. Maybe it would work better with Paraphal ? I rather enjoy the flower than making seedpods.

I asked about Phal because most intergeneric breeding with Trichoglottis has been with Vanda types, a couple with Paraphal and some others. I just keep picturing a plant much like this with a dozen Phal-like spikes up and down the stem with dark flowers like these.

I asked about Phal because most intergeneric breeding with Trichoglottis has been with Vanda types, a couple with Paraphal and some others. I just keep picturing a plant much like this with a dozen Phal-like spikes up and down the stem with dark flowers like these.

Interesting. Cross it with cornu-cervi chattaladae or a dark red complex? :p

Why is it difficult to grow. What are the problems ? Is its culture different from a Vanda culture ?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 9 en utilisant Tapatalk
The roots are totally aerial and need LOTS of water!!
I killed a couple of stud plants but that was back before we watered 3 times a day.

Latest posts

Back