TRCTM (Maureen X Haematocilum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiC

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
Mule Ear (but you knew that)

last photo for today...sorry if I bored you.

Attachments

• TRCTM (MAUREEN x HAEMATOCHILUM) Red Mule Ear Type -- 7-10.JPG
    TRCTM (MAUREEN x HAEMATOCHILUM) Red Mule Ear Type -- 7-10.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 54
:clap: :clap: My, my, what a handsome mule you have there!
Not bored at all!

Wonderful! Not bored AT ALL! I love O. lancianum, one of my all time favorite orchids, and this hybrid is a hoot. I like O. Maureen all by itself (though honestly it never would have occurred to me to cross a carthagenense with lancianum) and this cross is even nicer. Lovely!

Question, how big are the flowers?

Nice hybrid mule - Trichocentrum Ollie Palmer. Looks like good sized flowers on a relatively compact plant for the type, and obviously well grown. How could we be bored?

Handsome plant and flower. I think I'd make room for that, if given the opportunity.

How do you think we could be bored? Remember -- we are all addicted and hungry for more. :clap:

Great blooms and plant. So jealous of your greenhouse- looks like you have lots of room!!

goldenrose

So, you like my mule?! Thanks Rose! He has fit in nicely with my other orchids and seems to have made Oncidium Sweet Sugar his best friend. :)

:clap: :clap: My, my, what a handsome mule you have there!
Not bored at all!

KyushuCalanthe

Thank you...I'm glad you're not bored seeing my 'new grower' blooms. I thought that all of you see such beautful, large and well grown plants often, mine would not be much to look at.

It wasn't in bloom when I bought it, so I had no idea how the blooms would look. Never tried to find a picture, because I wanted to be surprised. I enjoyed watching the plant grow, and when it bloomed I was pleasantly surprised.

The flowers were small (but then I don't know the orchid). The blooms are gone, or else I would measure one for you. I'm gonna guess approx. 1-1/2".

Wonderful! Not bored AT ALL! I love O. lancianum, one of my all time favorite orchids, and this hybrid is a hoot. I like O. Maureen all by itself (though honestly it never would have occurred to me to cross a carthagenense with lancianum) and this cross is even nicer. Lovely!

Question, how big are the flowers?

SlipperFan

Thank you! You're so thoughtful.

Handsome plant and flower. I think I'd make room for that, if given the opportunity.

How do you think we could be bored? Remember -- we are all addicted and hungry for more. :clap:

etex

Thank you! :)

I'm enjoying my greenhouse, but I should learn how to grow the plants I have better before I fill it up more. It's hard to resist buying a pretty orchid, though. :drool: I bet you know the feeling. Anyway, if I fill up quickly, where am I gonna put allll the orchids in my 'chid future?!? :confused:

Great blooms and plant. So jealous of your greenhouse- looks like you have lots of room!!

The flowers were small (but then I don't know the orchid). The blooms are gone, or else I would measure one for you. I'm gonna guess approx. 1-1/2".

Interesting, they looked bigger in your shot. I grew cathagenense back in Florida where it would have 6 foot long spikes, no kidding! I guess its influence in the cross brought the flower size down. Still a beauty though.

KyushuCalanthe

Wow....6' spikes?!

Interesting, they looked bigger in your shot. I grew cathagenense back in Florida where it would have 6 foot long spikes, no kidding! I guess its influence in the cross brought the flower size down. Still a beauty though.

Latest posts

Back