Transparent or terrakotta plastic pot?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperMatt

Reaction score
Hi,

Which one do you suggest/prefer/use for Paphs?
Transparent or terrakotta plastic pot.
I am using currently terrakotta, and I will change to clear pot.
Any advise?
Currently i want to repot my collection, and I would observe the developement of the roots.
It cause problem, when the green algae covers after some time the inside of the pots?
I use orchiata, charcoal, seramis, limestone, perlite mix, and growing the plants inside of my house on windowsills, and under fluorescent tubes on shelves.
I don't want to use clay pot.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Kind regards:
Matyas

Good question. I only use clay pots for terrestrials and things to keep cool, except for Tolumnias, which need a heavy base to counterbalance the tall growth.

I use clear ( it's not actually clear bit rather milky or cloudy) plastic pots.
Algae cause no problems. Just ugly to look at. lol

Thanks for all. I decided, that i will use clear pots now. I will place the pots crowded near each other, mabe the light could not catch the side of the pots. And I think it will works. It's worth a tryout.

Light should not affect roots of Paphs.
I see roots growing along the wall of clear ( again, not really clear but milky )pots, many of them.

I prefer clear so I can monitor root development and health, and also to monitor the state of my media.

You dont need to do it with all your oots but you should with a small subset.

I don't understand what you mean by terra-cotta plastic pots. Terra-cotta is clay, and plastic is an oil product.

Latest posts

Back