tranlienianum album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fibre

Reaction score
I love that melancholy frog from outer space...

4zt6at.jpg

The form is excellent for this flower.

How does the rest of the plant look? I see 3 pretty healthy looking growths.

I got it years ago as a tiny (but expensive) seedling. It was a very slow growing thing. Since it did its first flower last year it started to grow faster. It has one old, one blooming and one unbloomed shoot plus three little starters now. The LS is 19 cm for each of the adult growth. Horizontal NS is 7,5 cm and vertical NS is 8,5 cm. Altogether a compact grower with a big flower.

I got it years ago as a tiny (but expensive) seedling. It was a very slow growing thing. Since it did its first flower last year it started to grow faster. It has one old, one blooming and one unbloomed shoot plus three little starters now. The LS is 19 cm for each of the adult growth. Horizontal NS is 7,5 cm and vertical NS is 8,5 cm. Altogether a compact grower with a big flower.

Great job ! It is a frustrating grower at me.

Great job ! It is a frustrating grower at me.

I'm sorry to hear that. My guess is that this is a selfing as most albine Paphs are selfings (if not divisions from the original plant) and therefore most of them are weak plants.
One exception are the albine Paphs from Sam. He is doing a great job and breeds for better albine Paphs in two step breedings.

I'm sorry to hear that. My guess is that this is a selfing as most albine Paphs are selfings (if not divisions from the original plant) and therefore most of them are weak plants.
One exception are the albine Paphs from Sam. He is doing a great job and breeds for better albine Paphs in two step breedings.

As you mentioned it, I have to agree. I heve few albas seedling from Sam and all of doing well, furthermore dianthum album has a new growth now.

Latest posts

Back