• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trading Troubles

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alfonso said:
Hello,

My father contacted me today and told me that I have received the plants Patrick Mahon sent with the shipping date Patrick promised, I am spending the night at a friend's house and will not be able to look at them until tomorrow. I will post a picture tomorrow of what I received.

Alfonso

Now, WHO FEELS LIKE AN A$$! All of you who wrote on this thread need to mind your own buisness. No one knew what they were talking about. :)

You all have given me negative feedback, I give negative feedback on you all: DO NOT DEAL WITH ANY OF YOU!

-PM

You make him wait almost 2 months for plants when he made you wait for all of a day or two and you wonder why you weren't given the benefit of the doubt??

Jon

Heather said:
That's it.
Warning #1.

Heather,

Do I get a warning because I proved you wrong? Just remember, I have everything printed out. You have harrassed me MANY times. You cannot deny it.

-P.A. Mahon

Nobody is harrassing you Mahon.

The truth is that you make it impossible for people to trust you. And when they point that out, you act like the victim. It's over now. Your actions have brought you to the point of no return. Why don't you just leave and save the forum from the drama of your banishment?

Mahon said:
Heather,

Do I get a warning because I proved you wrong? Just remember, I have everything printed out. You have harrassed me MANY times. You cannot deny it.

-P.A. Mahon

Patrick, I think you know well why you've been warned. See Forum Rule #5.
and quit threatening people, we've got everything you've ever said here documented as well...

Heather said:
Patrick, I think you know well why you've been warned. See Forum Rule #5.

...and you will see that not only I have been harrassed, but Braem and Birk...

AND WORST, I HAVE BEEN HARRASSED BY YOU!

And just a clarification, 'A' with two '$$' is not a word. It seems from the other posts that this rule also only applies to me. I wonder why? :)

-PM

It took 57 days for me to recieve the plants Patrick Mahon sent me. Here are photographs of what I recieved.

I do not think that the P. javanicum that was sent is blooming size. If it is not, he did not deliver what was promised in our agreement. It has two leaves and about a three inch leaf span.

Please take my experience with Patrick Mahon into consideration before making any trades with him.

I am ready to move on with my life, thank you for your help.

Alfonso

Attachments

• P javanicum Mahon.jpg
    P javanicum Mahon.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 84
  • P kolopakingii.jpg
    P kolopakingii.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 78
I agree with Heather.

I also hope you don't judge transactions with other members of the orchid community based on this experience. I've only heard of problems with one person -- Pat Mahon.

SlipperFan said:
I also hope you don't judge transactions with other members of the orchid community based on this experience.
I second this. I've traded with, bought from, or have been gifted plants from probably a dozen people on this forum and every time it went seamlessly.

I'm not even sure that the first one really looks like javanicum.....but there is lots of variation...Take care, Eric (and I can vouch for the purchases/trades I have made from other members on this group!)

I have found everyone at this forum very friendly and helpful. I will not judge transactions with other people based on this experience, I will be more cautious though.

Thank you for all of your help and concern through this mess, it is finally over!

Alfonso

Alfonso said:
What does it look like????

Paph. lawrenceanum, or even Paph. tonsum. Could still be Paph. javanicum - just not very typical of the ones I have seen.

It has a very similar pattern to my javanicum v. virens, though my leaves tend to be more long and narrow...that could be from the clone or age of it though.

Jon

I have seen Mahon around but wasn't aware of all the issues surrounding him. After reading through all the posts on this forum I am absolutely horrified and am glad he's been banned from here.

This is just amazing......it just snowballs as the whole thread goes on but he continues to defend and defend and defend all his actions. That is one interesting human being. Maybe we can do a psychological case study.............lol

Latest posts

Back