This month's purchases....!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Here are some plants I got that arrived yesterday!
From left to right....

1st pic:
Cym ensifolium Long Yan Su
Cym floribumdum (var pumilum)
Cym ensifolium Jin He
Cym faberi
Cym lansifolium
Cym ensifolium Baodai Xiannv

2nd pic:
Paph armeniacum x2
Paph micranthum x2
Coelogyne sanderae

3rd pic:
Bulbo odoratissimum (the small plant)
Bulbo violaceolabellum

Wish me luck...:D

Attachments

• P161109_21.49.JPG
    P161109_21.49.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 26
  • P161109_22.25.JPG
    P161109_22.25.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 29
  • P171109_00.45.JPG
    P171109_00.45.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 21
Good buys! I always like the way bulbo leaves stick straight up as the rhizome marches across,then over the pot! Do Cyms do well with a Mediterranian climate? I thought they liked it cool.

Omg, Thanasis you are starting with cyms, I hope all of those will stay very compact :D!!! Nice slippers and I am very interested to see this coel blooming:) !!! Good luck with all of them!!! Jean

I was told that these cyms are easy to grow! So I thought I'd give them a try! Of caurse I am afraid a little when summer comes but I hope I will figure out something till then!! Now I have them outside enjoying autumn conditions!!

I have put them in perlite-gravel mix with some pieces of bark so that I avoid rooting! Is it true that the lesser the organic material the weaker the fragrance of the flowers?

These arrived today!

From left to right:

Bulbophyllum affine
Ascocentrum ampullaceum
Broughtonia sanguinea

Attachments

• P171109_16.48.JPG
    P171109_16.48.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 9
Do Cyms do well with a Mediterranian climate? I thought they liked it cool.

That is a misunderstanding many folks have about these. They like warm to hot conditions (not above 35 C though) in summer and a cool off in winter. The biggest problem you may have growing them in a dry climate is humidity since they come from areas where it never drops below 60% or so.

Nice C. lancifolium BTW - one of my favorites!

Eric armis and micros are in bud as i can feel touching them...:):):):) Luck helps a lot...hehe...:):):)

TY all for your wishes as some are tried for the first time...:D

I've seen the outside of your house too! Paphs hanging above the other plants, your own personal gardener, etc...:poke:
I'm sorry, I mis-read and thought this was from Paphioboy! OK Dot you get some too! Where do you sit in your plant room!? :evil:

Good deal Than, be carefull watering and keep us posted.

Last edited:
more...:D:D:D

From left to right:

Maleola dentifera
Dendrobium senile
Bulbo/Cirrhopetalum skeatianum

Attachments

• P211109_14.21.JPG
    P211109_14.21.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts