The "Bay"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
Recently there have been a bunch of interesting auctions on eBay, from OZ and other sources. Blooming Paph Gloria Naugles, Wossner Vietnam Star, multi-growth sangii, multi-growth charlesworthi.. Last night, however, someone got the steal of the year, a 7 growth blooming charlesworthii album for less than $85!!!!!!!! :viking: Please someone, tell me you bought it as a Xmas present for me!

I know why the charelsworthii sold so cheap, it is much less showy than the regular form, has so much color, so much better, thats fact!!! :p

yes , I notice a lot of very nice plants too, last week, suddenly 12 different godefroyae plants listed at once (as well as many orchidzone and other vendors) with good price and nice flowers
But I am in a crisis amid the spider mite infestation or "some thing" that anything I bring in the collection now would just be new items on the bugs' gourmet dinner menu.

Last edited:
Uhh not true, actually I don't think the green charlies are not that bad, I thought about bidding but they require such a cool rest, I can not provide that, the best paph in my collection is a newly acquired flask of ichiro suzuki x hangianum

I snagged one of the non-blooming Gloria Naugles from OZ. I've wanted a nice GN for a long time.

Me too...couldn't resist. I have one from another source that looks healthy (e.g., 2 healthy growths) but never blooms so thought I would give the OZ breeding a try.

The GN that I wanted went for $66!!
I totally forgot about it and went to a movie.
Im super upset!!!!
It was so pretty!

The GN that I wanted went for $66!!
I totally forgot about it and went to a movie.
Im super upset!!!!
It was so pretty!
don't be too upset, I notice whenever I have my eyes on something, if I don't bid usually the final price ends too low (so I would wonder , gee what a steal, I could have that) , but if i join the bidding , suddenly it skyrockets to the moon . and I wish someone would join the bidding at the last minute to rescue me from the plant that would have me eating instant noodle for a month and longing for the next pay check.

I totally agree with what you said. It is strange how it is sometimes!
but that GN was just my flower!

OZ listed two for buy it now price, but I did not like those flowers.
They also listed a few for auction, and I only like one particular one.
Oh, well...

I have had quite a bit of drama with GN, which added even more excitement.
I had thrown away a few because of spots on the leaves.
A couple of nurseries had many GN but all looked liked crap with spots and rots all over.

I am now nursing three GN plants that are supposedly of a flowering size.
Then I have a few seedlings.

The one I miseed on eBay might have been a great clone that would flower on a regular basis, but now that I missed it, I'd like to think that it might flower again in 10 years! hahahaha

Hanne Popow?

If you mean #717 St Ouen....:D
I wasn't really planning on adding another Phrag, but when I saw that one I could not resist.

Yep, I am one of those last few seconds bidders so as not to give other much if any reaction time. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. At least you know who has a piece of it now. I am quite curious how close to true color that photo is. Hopefully it shows up tomorrow.

I felt the same way when you snagged Prissy.

Latest posts

Back