stranded in the philippines?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Thank You concerned STers that have emailed me regarding this spam/hack. No I'm not stranded in the Philippines and if I were at this point in time I'd be in no hurry to get back! I have recieved emails like this before, have marked them as spam and deleted them, it's a bit different now ..... they have wiped my address book clean! Isn't that wonderful, I'm on the board of the IOS, I'm the show chair which means, every vendor, every judge and any IOS member got the same email! Don't you just love technology!?
and AT&T .......
and yahoo!
Needless to say my password has been changed, I feel real confident (ha, ha, ha) that I'm now secured according to AT&T!

Where did you go in the Philippines?? My friends from there got hit hard. Waist high flooding. Some parts are even worse.

How terrible, Rose! From what I've observed, Yahoo is notorious...
I have no doubt, yahoo asked for account verification a couple of months ago, I ignored it, then came a couple of warnings and sure enough I had to sign in, have a new password and had no saved emails. They did a system restore type action seeing it was within 24 hours & I did get the emails. I showed my husband the password they hacked and he couldn't believe it!
AT&T supposedly has been requesting account verification which I have ignored so with this recent hack, in calling them, they claimed they have not. Several years ago I kept getting repeated requests even after marking it as spam they'd be back, called AT&T and they gave me an email address to forward it to them. It stopped immediately, would be nice if that were the case now!

I hope no-one sent money. :eek:
I hope not too! I got at least 5 phone calls, a gal I sold a dog to 8 years ago even called me at work!

:rolleyes:
Are you not reading this?
Hey, I'm being held captive in an office in Brooklyn. Send $100 immediately or I will be in big trouble! Thanks.

My Nigerian attorney friend has agreed to send you the $100 to save your life... all he needs is all your personal information so he can complete the transfer....... if you need it he can send an extra $10,000,000 via bank transfer (but that takes like 2 days).

She wasn't really in the Philippines. Her email got hacked and the culprits sent emails to her friends in her name trying to get money. Be careful, the internet is becoming a terribly risky place.

Well in fairness to me. I was reading news about the Philippines the last couple of weeks because of the typhoons and flooding. Here I am and just assumed that Rose got stranded because of the flood. LoL

Latest posts

Back