Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Well, after much suspense and excitement, my Paph. Stone Addict from Bob and Lynn Wellenstein arrived this afternoon. It is a lovely, compact (thank you P. adductum!) plant with two buds and nice roots. It was very top heavy so I did repot it, which I hope was not a mistake, but I was afraid after it toppled once that it would topple again and again and damage the spike/buds.

The packaging was immaculate, and I am really picky about packaging. I literally had to cut the plant out of the mat of wax paper grass used. It was packed exactly as I like to pack my plants, just flat in a box, no newspaper wrapping. :)

There was also a very nice bonus plant included.
I could not be happier, and I'm sorry I gave Bob such a rough time. The wait was worth it.

Here is a photo. The spike is SOOOO dark and velvety. I am in love just with the spike! LOL!!!

Oh, I just want to add, it is SO nice to have this entry into my database completed. It has been just a photo and a hope for so long....

bwester

Reaction score
Looks Nice. Was it expensive?
Cant wait to see the flower

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Not expensive. Actually almost $30 less than I bid on it for originally, and that was including shipping! I am getting another division from someone for roughly the same price.

re: the bonus. I offered it to someone. If he doesn't take it, I'll put it up for bidding for forum maintenance. It's a Woluwense (niveum 'Whitellee' x roth 'Noyo' AM/AOS). 17" plant, very nice but I don't do the mottled leaves....;)

NYEric

Reaction score
Hmm.. someone is getting preferential treatment. Did the plant come from Antec? It would be nice if they were letting some plants out.

L

lothianjavert

Congrats on the Stone Addict! That is one that I desperately want!! (I have a thing for stonei and its hybrids :eek: )

I love Antec's stuff, and really, really hope that one day they reopen the webstore...

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
lothianjavert said:
Congrats on the Stone Addict! That is one that I desperately want!! (I have a thing for stonei and its hybrids :eek: )

I love Antec's stuff, and really, really hope that one day they reopen the webstore...
This is another one to check with Jack Schendowich on. When I was looking, he said he'd be able to find them in the springtime.

NYEric

Reaction score
Heather said:
This is another one to check with Jack Schendowich on. When I was looking, he said he'd be able to find them in the springtime.
4" of snow! Where are you that it's Spring now?!? :poke:

I

IdahoOrchid

If you are talking about the Stone Addict, I think I do! hehe

Is that right, Heather?

Latest posts