Staying cheerful when feeling lousy...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjkOC

Reaction score
So, I finally caught the cold that my family has been suffering from, and feel like my body was crushed by a bulldozer! Even the weather is gloomy-gray outside...

What do you do to stay cheerful, when you are sick and feeling lousy?? :(

Hugs from the Scot, kisses from the dogs and drugs. Standing in the greenhouse seems to clear my nose a bit...
find a greenhouse. I've a cold as well. Hell, ain't it?!

So, two people in this thread believe in sharing their cold with their close ones. Shared misery, misery halved? :wink:

Just kidding. :D

Eh... I think I just feel sorry for myself, then I call my mother so she can laugh at me because I usually sound funny when I try to talk.

Carol I agree... The YouTube videos from OL are nice!

Dot, aww that's so sweet, but on a public health note, I chuckle with The Mutant...though It seems that if anyone were to laugh at my voice right now it wouldn't matter because my ears are so blocked up I can't hardly hear a thing!

I really wish I could have restful night-time sleep, that would be one of my wishes, if I could borrow Aladdin's magic lamp. But, I think having a sick infant, who is also feeling miserable and wants to nurse every 4 hrs makes this wish seem impossible...maybe when he gets better, sleep will become more of a reality :)

I have been spending time breathing steam from the warm-mist humidifier...I guess I can imagine that I'm in a greenhouse...maybe one of those art nouveau-style ones with the tall dome glass roof! That would be nice!

Thanks everyone for your ideas, it's so nice to read your comments; that cheers me up :)

A little Vick's salve in the humidifer wouldn't hurt...well,
it might change the greenhouse image a bit. I'd imagine
having a youngun' and a cold is misery defined. You have
my empathy, Jeniffer.

BTW, I was given the cold by the Scot and dogs don't
get colds. Damn! Nobody around to pass it along!

The Vick's is a good idea, I think there's even a port for this.

Thanks abax, you get better soon too! And I guess being a dead-end host for your cold virus isn't a consolation when you want company...

A little Vick's salve in the humidifer wouldn't hurt...well,
it might change the greenhouse image a bit. I'd imagine
having a youngun' and a cold is misery defined. You have
my empathy, Jeniffer.

BTW, I was given the cold by the Scot and dogs don't
get colds. Damn! Nobody around to pass it along!

Watching a favorite movie with a few drinks. Brandy does me good any time whether I'm sick or not. :D

I'm allergic to alcohol of any kind damnitall. My ma always
rubbed a bit of Vick's on my chest and in the vaporizer. That might help your baby to breathe a little easier and
be less cranky. Chicken soup is Jewish pcn!

Latest posts

Back