Springtime in the garden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Now the winter with snow is over and the first wild plants flower in the garden

2011-04-02MagnolieimGartenmitHochgerna.jpg

Normally the last snow comes when Magnolia starts with the flowers.

2011-04-02MagnolieimGartena.jpg

Helleborus (Christrose) started with the flowers 4 weeks ago
2011-04-02HelleborusnigraChristroseimGartena.jpg

Anemone nemorosa (Buschwindröschen)

2011-04-02AnemonenemorosaBuschwindrschenimGartena.jpg

2011-04-02AnemonenemorosaBuschwindrschenimGartenb.jpg

Primula veris (Schlüsselblume)

2011-04-02PrimulaverisSchlsselblumeimGartenViolab.jpg

2011-04-02PrimulaverisSchlsselblumeimGartenViolaa.jpg

Ranunculus ficaria (Scharbockskraut)

2011-04-02RanunculusficariaScharbockskrautimGartena.jpg

2011-04-02RanunculusficariaScharbockskrautimGartenb.jpg

Viola (Veilchen)

2011-04-02VeilchenimGartenViolac.jpg

2011-04-02VeilchenimGartenViolab.jpg

2011-04-02VeilchenimGartenViolad.jpg

Yesterday it was sunny with high temperature, today the rain follows.

Best greetings

Olaf

Hy nice photos,

are you that deep in the south.

Maybe you are close to me east or west of A7

Dear Dido,
I live between Munic and Salzbourg south of the Chiemsee in the beginning of the Achental near the border to Austria.
South of the A 8, long distance to A 7

Best greetings

Olaf

Nice will drive by you on Wendsday on my trip to Austria, so a long way from here. life between Stuttgart and Nürnberg.

Oh well my magnolia nearly finished blooming, one of the first years without frost.
Was this week near france, and have seen giant ones with beautifull color some of the nearly dark red......
Do you have cyps in your garden?

No Cyps in my garden. I had them but I have many mouses around in the fields and also snails, so the Cyps have no chance to live a long time.

But I will try it again on the balcony. I am witing for cheaper plants for an experiment.

Best greetings

Olaf

No Cyps in my garden. I had them but I have many mouses around in the fields and also snails, so the Cyps have no chance to live a long time.

But I will try it again on the balcony. I am witing for cheaper plants for an experiment.

Best greetings

Olaf

We could do a exchange a nice Phrag and you get a nice cyp if you want.
We can do it in autum. :evil:

How is this possible!? :confused: It's still snowing here!!!

yesterday we had around +25C in germany.
we not really had that last summer for long time.
Today rain and around +8C they are calling for thursday around + 25C again.
Its too early, the cyps on warmer places in my garden nearly all out now.
And the first one start to open, saw today one of my 2 leaf cpy noses coming out of the ground.
Sunny is now around 8cm high. I am not so happy about that. Still 4 weeks with high risk of late frost:mad::mad:

Beautiful! Magnolias can grow here, but I'll need the greenhouse effect to heat up for another 20 years for them to flower. :)

Nice pictures and thanks for sharing. I love the south of Germany. Allthough I've never had a vacation in Bavaria I've been on vacation in Baden Wurtenberg more then 7 or 8 times now. Each and every time completely in the south of "Schwarzwald" close to the border with Switserland.

:D

Dear Shiva,
I think that the climate in Quebec is not so different to South-Bavaria. So it would be possible also to get Magnolia in flower there

Best greetings

Olaf

Dear Shiva,
I think that the climate in Quebec is not so different to South-Bavaria. So it would be possible also to get Magnolia in flower there

Best greetings

Olaf

They do grow but the flower buds will drop when temps go down to -10 to -15C in early spring, as it does most years. The only one that has flowered for me is stellata.

They do grow but the flower buds will drop when temps go down to -10 to -15C in early spring, as it does most years. The only one that has flowered for me is stellata.

It was a problem here too.
Years ago, but today no problems.
the hybrids get better and better.
No a friend of me has a red one flowering and we had -10 2 weeks ago.
Try the new kinds, but I am not sure if they are availlabel in Canada. :evil:

yesterday we had around +25C in germany.
we not really had that last summer for long time.
Today rain and around +8C they are calling for thursday around + 25C again.
Its too early, the cyps on warmer places in my garden nearly all out now.
And the first one start to open, saw today one of my 2 leaf cpy noses coming out of the ground.
Sunny is now around 8cm high. I am not so happy about that. Still 4 weeks with high risk of late frost:mad::mad:

OK, I understand. :crazy: Crazy Spring weather!

Very nice pics Olaf !!!! About the same here; for those flowers that we do not have in our garden, I met them during my walks these last 2 weeks :) !!! Jean

Back