spring here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grumpy...we're Grumpy...what the F***k do we have to be Grumpy about. :p

Here is the path from my front door to the drive

P2270001.jpg

We're getting more tomorrow night as well. No going out AGAIN with my buddy from work AGAIN this week, damn it. Have I mentioned lately how much I miss living farther south (not that much farther south but I didn't even own a snow brush last year until March!)

Ron, pickin' cotton - hahaha...that cracked me up....at least you can enjoy your greenhouse....Oh wait, that's Glen's! :poke:

it was sunny today and the greenhouse temps was around 75...felt good. I spent a couple of hours there today and had lunch with Glen and the crew.

You know...it is the best of both worlds...I can grow in a greenhouse yet I don't have fuel bills...what else could one ask for...esp in the northeast. It also has allowed me to increase my collection to a size that I could not have imagined before. I have been very creative in creating growing space without taking up any more bench room.

We are due for another 5" tomorrow night. Of course that is an Albany forecast ...I will probably get 8-10"

A haiku, to help Ron make the transition...

Spring, a state of mind;
ideas bloom and dreams leaf out.
Keep shoveling Ron.

It snowed on and off the last two days here, but I guess we ended up with a grand accumulation of about 2"!!!!! It never even accumulated on blacktop surfaces. We had highs in the low 30's and nights in the mid 20's. Today it was sunny and 50.

Of course the cold sleet and snow nights I was at the fairgrounds helping to set up an orchid display for our societies participation in the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show. I hate moving chids in the snow (even if its only an inch deep).

and spring arrives by the calendar at your house...I could only wish. They are upping our storm amounts for tonight as well :( Well next week is above freezing in the daytime but with rain in the forecast.

The first shot made me so homesick I couldn't muster a reply initially. My x-country skis are just sitting the the closet with the car's extra rims, and I so enjoyed skiing back in the day. There's too much freezing rain here, which makes it hard to do much, and I can't fully appreciate the beauty knowing what it's doing to the trees. Luckily, spring and fall are beautiful, and I don't see myself as a permanent Missouri resident...been really sick in a sinus sort of way since moving here almost two years ago; I had no idea there was a place worse for that than where I was. Live and learn.

Three weeks until the first day of spring and it is a balmy -40 C (-40 F, its same this low) not counting the windchill factor. Air looks strange at these temps (ice fog), very hard on vehicles and people.

Shaun

I found a snowdrop yesterday at the gardens, and today it's in the mid 60s, but I've been unable to revel in it with two nearly completed works in hand and the realization it's going to revert to freezing rain tomorrow. I'm taking everything I should to keep a massive sinus headache from setting in within hours; I can't stand it when I can't work because of one.

Latest posts

Back