Spring Bud thread watch

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. I have a del about to open, plus a few ctsms. Some have bloomed, but I'm going to wait until they've all bloomed to post. I dislike marathon threads.

Phrag caudatum x wallisii

I got this in flower last October and to my surprise the next growth is spiking again. This plant was my orchid bug and never had a phrag before. I wonder if this primary breed is that easy to flower or could be a survival instinct. The original plant is huge, almost 40" LS. This time I gave her more light to make the next growth more compact. The next growth was only half the size and now it's spiking. The plant looks very healthy to me. I'm happy but wondering. Just in six months? I will post a pic maybe tonight.
Thanks for your wisdom.

Phrag Paul Conroy, Phrag Mother Rose, Phrag Inti's Tear's , Phrag Indolina Rubyfire, Phrag Giganteum, Phrag Sunset Glow.....all in spike !

Smart.

BTW, Charles it's Rising Sun.

I don't think this is correct. There are no Phragmepidium hybrids currently registered as Rising Sun. However, Phrag. Rising Son, according to the RHS registrar, = Phrag. Jason Fischer x Barbara LeAnn.

Armeni white x roth and swithin x roth also esquirolei

Armeni White x Roth...are you the one who posted amazing blooms of this hybrid in the past?? If yes, I would love a division!!!! It was out of this world! I have never seen this plant offered anywhere. Where did you get it from if I may ask?

When I saw the thread topic, I thought I would see a bunch of pictures, but just lists. lol
I guess I will jump on the wagon. haha

Paph. Helen Congleton in bloom,
Magic Lantern in bloom and in spike,
Armeni White in bud,
Paph. Ria in bloom,
Paph. Deperle (pink form using dunkel delenatii) opening up today! :)
delenatii (standard x alba) in spike,
Paph. (Anthong x niveum)x niveum in bud and in spike (the tag is hard to read),
Paph. Lynleigh in Pink in spike,
Lynleigh Koopowitz in spike,
Norito Hasegawa in spike,
bellatulum just had bud blasting after five month! I hate this plant!!!

Two bulldogs and two vini maudiea hybrids from winter still in bloom.
So is tonsum x vini maudiea, and a bunch of maudiae types coming into spike/bud,

paph. liemianum always in bloom,
paph. Hsinying Delight (Stone Lovely x spicerianum) in spike,

Paph. Fanaticum x malipoense (has this one been registered?) in spike,
Paph. Hsinying Luke (brachy hybrid) in spike,
Paph leucochilum (black orange? x sib) in spike,
Two Delrosi and one Pink Sky continue to fool me with their dark tinted leaves. lol
I hope they will bloom this summer.

Back