Spiranthes sinensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a beautiful flower that grows in a spiral up the flower spike. These are even fragrant!
Tom sent some of this to Eric, who sent this to me after vernalizing it this winter. It started putting up spikes a few weeks ago
There are many spiranthes in North America but very few have any color and none are purple! This one comes from the western pacific rim

600e3fa23027968bb2d4e8046d2c8417.jpg

992a4c4d3ca1fd6fb1d57a12eb9d4f39.jpg

These were taken with my new phone; I'll take a few close ups with my canon later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This winter I had seen a vendor out west in California or nearby that had potted plants for sale. I was thinking about getting some but I bought a bunch of phrags first
One of the Taiwanese vendors who sells frequently at larger US shows has them on their import list, but a website picture of them looked mostly white; there's tons of mostly white spiranthes here to see so I had no interest (but someone might want to check it out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just reading online that these usually lose their leaves, but like you say this one didn't. I've kept it in bathroom next to cracked window for about a month, hope it's enough. Repotted into bigger pot with same general media
1ad8242f1f9028f883a1766e91f852d0.jpg

Here it is between the neos

Elmer Nj

Latest posts

Back